- Raw Chicken Wings (Fresh or Frozen)
- BBQ Rub
- Bufalo Hot Wing SauceSuggested Sides:Celery, Carrot Sticks, Blue Cheese dressing or the always popular alternative Ranch DressingAdult beverage:Something that will stand up to spicy food and serve it cold, even the red wine should be served cold. Many's Pale Ale, Moose Drool and Shiner Bock are all good beer choices. Australian Shiraz is a good wine choice. One of my favorites from down under is the Boxer by Mollydooker
- Clean cooking grate and pre-heat the grill to low (count to five with your hand 3" above the grate.) Oil the grate.
- For frozen wings start them straight on the grill. After 5 minutes turn and dust the warm side with rub, wait five minutes turn and dust the other side with rub.
- Optional for Fresh or Defrosted wings marinaed in Italian salad dressing for 1 to 8 hours.
- For fresh/defrosted wings, toss in a bowl with rub no more than two hours before cooking.
- Turn every five to ten minutes until internal temp is 175°f. Turning your back will almost always results in "perfect caramelization" aka burnt meat.
- Toss is a mixing bowl with sauce and serve
- By not saucing the meat on the grill you reduce the risk of burning the meat.
This is the original 1964 sauce recipe for Bufalo Hot Wings.
- 1/2 Cup melted Butter or Margerine
- 1/2 Cup Frank's Louisiana RedHot Sauce